Abisko aurora chase
October – november
20.15 – 00.00
Abisko national park
All hotels in Abisko
Would you like to experience the thrill of searching for and chasing the northern lights in the area surrounding Abisko National Park?
This exciting adventure will start at the reception of your hotel. After collecting all of the guests for the evening adventure your professional aurora chasing guide will use the collective experience of the Lights Over Lapland and Activities in Abisko team, combined with local weather and aurora forecasts to make the best possible decision about where to look for the northern lights. During our evening together we will travel up to 90 KM to one of several spectacular locations with a proven track record and very high likelihood of success.
During this adventure, your guide will talk about the auroras, the history of Abisko National Park and serve you a warm drink. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime aurora chasing expedition, which will allow you to use our experience and mobility to go to where the aurora activity is the highest, and where there weather gives us a good chance of success! Book your adventure today!
Many of the locations are on lakes and rivers which allow you to see the auroras in the sky AND reflecting in
the open water during the Autumn and reflecting in the polished ice during the Winter. Our team of professionals has access to more spectacular locations than any other operator in Abisko. During your adventure, we usually visit at least one of the following locations:
- The scenic shoreline of Lake Torneträsk with stunning views in every direction!
- A calm bay at the northwest end of Lake Torneträsk with incredible Arctic views and a cozy fire pit.
- A spectacular location with panoramic views on the top of Bear Mountain near the border of Sweden and Norway.
- An amazing aurora outlook in the mountains surrounding Björkliden.
- A remote fishing village near the mouth of the Torne River which flows out of Lake Torneträsk.
- AND MUCH MORE!!
Good to know
- Warm clothing is NOT included in this tour. It is important that you bring warm clothes to wear and warm insulated winter boots. Warm overalls and heavy-duty Arctic boots are available to rent for an extra charge.
- Minimum age: 5 years old (we will not be able to provide any child seats in the vehicle).
- Please note that during the peak season, we may use a vehicle with a maximum of 30 seats.
- Camera gear is not included, but it can be added for an additional fee. Your guide has a basic understanding of Aurora photography and will be happy to give you a few pointers along the way! If you are looking for a trip that is focused on helping you capture stunning photographs of the northern lights, we highly recommend our Ultimate Aurora Photo Adventure!
Pick up time
8:15 PM – 8:30 PM (please be in the lobby of your hotel by 8:15 PM).
You will be returned to your hotel sometime around midnight.
Will I get a refund if I don´t see auroras
Since the northern lights are a natural phenomenon and cannot be guaranteed, we will not provide refunds if you do not see the northern lights during your adventure with us. If you decide to try again, we may be able to offer you a discount if you book a second aurora chase with us.
Will you cancel the chase if the forecast is bad
No, the tour will go on as planned as long as the road conditions allow us to safely operate the adventure.
Have a question?
We are available between 9:00 and 18:00 local time. Feel free to reach us out. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
+46 (0) 706 52 12 64